[robotics-worldwide] [news] Extended deadline July 22nd: Call for submissions to IROS 2018 Workshop on "Controlling Soft Robots: Model-based vs. Model-free Approaches"

[robotics-worldwide] [news] Extended deadline July 22nd: Call for submissions to IROS 2018 Workshop on "Controlling Soft Robots: Model-based vs. Model-free Approaches"

CONCEPCION ALICIA MONJE MICHARET
Dear colleagues,

We are glad to inform you that our Workshop *“Controlling Soft Robots:
Model-based vs. Model-free Approaches”* has been accepted for IROS 2018
conference, to be held in Madrid on October 1st (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.iros2018.org_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=bxZBUc5PpXkrJovSXMumFKcEcc6_2v4TSMw-EC3UGUk&s=KpkG1J9IB3X9kIaAMC5gcsTh2XLHHhDoTb_Qty3PkOE&e=
workshops).

We will have nine invited, excellent speakers who work in a wide variety of
areas in soft robotics, from modeling to control, which contribute to a
significant representation of the state of the art in this field. You can
check the list of speakers and the program in our website.
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__roboticslab.uc3m.es_roboticslab_content_iros-2D2018-2D&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=bxZBUc5PpXkrJovSXMumFKcEcc6_2v4TSMw-EC3UGUk&s=pGKJH_NNf72SwglhuMxVx__TeXSBzReQ9vghSfxApk4&e=
workshop-controlling-soft-robots-model-based-vs-model-free-approaches#

We encourage you all working on this field to participate and send us your
submissions ([hidden email]). We will accept between 20 to 30
contributed papers (2 pages in IROS paper format)  as poster papers based
on their quality, originality, and relevance to the workshop. Each poster
will get a teaser talk within the workshop program and, at the end of the
session, a time slot will be devoted to bring the main contributions of the
workshop into discussion (posters included), giving the opportunity to all
the participants to discuss the results achieved.

Authors of selected papers and posters from the workshop will be asked
later to submit extended versions of their works for special issues in
different journals: Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems (IJARS),
International Journal of Humanoid Robotics and Journal of Robotics.
Submitted papers should not be under consideration for publication anywhere
else. Submission of papers and review process will be handled through the
following email account: [hidden email]. Please, prepare your
submissions following the IROS paper format.

*Important dates*

*  Papers submission deadline*: *July 7th, 2018. *Extended deadline: July
22nd, 2018*
*  Acceptance notification: July 22nd, 2018. Extended deadline: July 29th,
2018
*  Camera ready deadline: September 1st, 2018
*  Registration deadline: see IROS web site
*  Workshop date: October 1st, 2018

We hope to receive your contributions and to see you in Madrid!

Kind regards,
Concepción A. Monje
Christian Ott
Helmut Hauser