[robotics-worldwide] [news] MICCAI 2018 Challenge

[robotics-worldwide] [news] MICCAI 2018 Challenge

Max Allan
Dear all,

Intuitive Surgical is announcing our sub-challenge on surgical scene segmentation as part of the Endoscopic Vision challenge at MICCAI this September in Granada, Spain.

In this challenge, we are providing surgical video data with labels for da Vinci robotic surgical instruments, suturing needle, suturing thread, surgical clips, kidney parenchyma, small bowel and a background class. All data was captured on porcine subjects with the da Vinci Xi robotic system.

More details can be found at the following link: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__endovissub2018-2Droboticscenesegmentation.grand-2Dchallenge.org&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=Xb55v3h71O7TVszSLnsFvn3TLrFp7_fvKUzBSExi0SU&s=vIKI0bLNivT1bOxGq4vA6zAzp-Ez5ItICUta38pWBMc&e=<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__endovissub2018-2Droboticscenesegmentation.grand-2Dchallenge.org&d=DwMFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=UigXuxqxRhBOc8pijYUtb7GeRvr36fwmIiCqHU-IDWY&s=xYfgocJZdsyhass8SqM9kjApOT11-ACY1dFhg1nGj48&e=> as well as links to the registration links, data downloads and the challenge rules.

Prizes for the 1st and 2nd placed team are set at $3000 and $2000 respectively.

If you have any questions about the challenge, please email me at [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Thanks,

Max