[robotics-worldwide] [news] Open source low-cost teleoperated manipulator

[robotics-worldwide] [news] Open source low-cost teleoperated manipulator

Guido Bugmann
Dear colleagues,

Over the Summer 2016 we have built a low cost tele-operated manipulator "CHAP" and have tested it in December 2016 with disabled users.

It can lift up to 2KG,  its parts cost less than £2000 and it can be tele-operated from a browser on a smartphone or a tablet.

The design is fully open source and can be found with video and assembly instructions at: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__mobile-2Dchap.github.io_Web_&d=DwIFAw&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=_Uicaoo3e5I23qBTjmpBsqJXHFReh9e0ugxwzvZwAxg&s=9ZmzWxKoQxdlzBQ41Y9kPmVO8Cv6rbFtKBf0RPrw4ZA&e=

The report on the user test can be found in the research section.

We are happy to assist anyone building the manipulator and will welcome any improvements to the design.

Guido Bugmann & Dominic Cassidy

Guido Bugmann, PhD
Associate Professor (Reader) in Intelligent Systems
School of Computing, Electronics and Mathematics
University of Plymouth, PSQ A309
Drake Circus
Plymouth PL4 8AA, United Kingdom
tel: +44 (0)1752 58 62 15
fax: +44 (0)1752 58 63 00
email: gbugmann at plymouth.ac.uk
web: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.tech.plym.ac.uk_soc_staff_guidbugm_bugmann.htm&d=DwIFAw&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=_Uicaoo3e5I23qBTjmpBsqJXHFReh9e0ugxwzvZwAxg&s=RxDxdCFjVECIOj4rBxrAIxDE4s1mBvmqsJ2aYomvTDY&e=

[https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.plymouth.ac.uk_images_email-5Ffooter.gif&d=DwIFAw&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=_Uicaoo3e5I23qBTjmpBsqJXHFReh9e0ugxwzvZwAxg&s=PEb-os_ccgR8vRIP6nONZgRBJRAmPS59Zhz8nJsHc_s&e= ]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.plymouth.ac.uk_worldclass&d=DwIFAw&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=_Uicaoo3e5I23qBTjmpBsqJXHFReh9e0ugxwzvZwAxg&s=z0DS1YeR5XHqTrKaCmkqhyThE6l8tQUUVYbFZrQrUEY&e= >