[robotics-worldwide] [news] The video lectures on "The Art of Grasping and Manipulation in Robotics" at the University of Siena are now available.

[robotics-worldwide] [news] The video lectures on "The Art of Grasping and Manipulation in Robotics" at the University of Siena are now available.

Domenico Prattichizzo-2
Dear Roboticists,

my team and I realized at the University of Siena a series of short video lectures on robotic grasping and we would like to share with you the result.

The on-line course on "The Art of Grasping and Manipulation in Robotics" is now available: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__sirslab.dii.unisi.it_GraspingCourse_index.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=EDESwi-thy_Fs89sPf7pUtTGJaaCVOD1VOfQtmdamvU&s=ibXqVDwdfcIAgOb9aBvtOUMDZKyo57EQp6aGu8JysHE&e=.

Building dexterous robotic hands and studying new algorithms to control them is essential to allow industrial, service, and humanoid robots to interact with objects around them, and, possibly, with humans in a natural and safe way. The main objective of this course is to give an overview of grasp modeling and control, also introducing the SynGrasp MATLAB® Toolbox.

The course is based on the chapter on Grasping of the Springer Handbook of Robotics: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__link.springer.com_chapter_10.1007_978-2D3-2D319-2D32552-2D1-5F38&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=EDESwi-thy_Fs89sPf7pUtTGJaaCVOD1VOfQtmdamvU&s=koxbaNdX0EmMaVJ_hs22F1zNZDTlhPXEYZsE5ZLYkwo&e=

Video Lectures have mainly been recorded during real lectures and are structured in four units.

I hope you will find this course useful. We are open to comments and suggestions on how to improve it and possibly extend it to include more topics.

Best regards,
_Domenico and the #SIRSLab team

Content of the course:

Unit 1: Basic concepts - Lecturer: Domenico Prattichizzo
Lecture 1.1: Introduction to the course
Lecture 1.2: Power and precision grasp
Lecture 1.3: The friction cone
Lecture 1.4: The Grasp Matrix
Lecture 1.5: Notation

Unit 2: Grasp modeling - Lecturer: Monica Malvezzi
Lecture 2.1: Object Kinematics
Lecture 2.2: Hand Kinematics
Lecture 2.3: Contact models
Lecture 2.4: Quasi-static model of the grasp
Lecture 2.5: Grasp properties

Unit 3: Grasp control - Lecturer: Domenico Prattichizzo
Lecture 3.1: Hand Control
Lecture 3.2: Control of the object
Lecture 3.3: Limitations of the rigid-body assumption
Supplementary material 3.1: Indeterminate grasps
Supplementary material 3.2: Graspability

Unit 4: SynGrasp - Lecturer: Maria Pozzi
Lecture 4.1: Introduction to the Toolbox
Lecture 4.2: Robotics research with SynGrasp [Slides]
Lecture 4.3: Basic examples [Exercises]

---
Domenico Prattichizzo
- Professor of Robotics and Haptics, University of Siena
- Senior Scientist, IIT Genova
- President Eurohaptics Society
- IEEE Fellow
email: [hidden email]
www: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__prattichizzoblog.wordpress.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=EDESwi-thy_Fs89sPf7pUtTGJaaCVOD1VOfQtmdamvU&s=R-bxH6FeTMUFF1GJ3z9-G2ueDFypaNtBY7jXVXfqcys&e=
phone: +39 329 2606659
skype: domenico.prattichizzo
hangouts: [hidden email]
---