[software] Open-Source Structural Inspection Path-Planning Toolbox

[software] Open-Source Structural Inspection Path-Planning Toolbox

KostasAlexis
This post was updated on .
A new software package for Structural Inspection Path-Planning using Aerial Robots (and not only) is released and open-sourced. Those interested, may find the complete software as well as its wiki documentation in the "ethz-asl/StructuralInspectionPlanner" Git Repository:

https://github.com/ethz-asl/StructuralInspectionPlanner

The implemeted method is the one presented in our recent ICRA 2015 paper contribution:

A. Bircher, K. Alexis, M. Burri, P. Oettershagen, S. Omari, T. Mantel and R. Siegwart, "Structural Inspection Path Planning via Iterative Viewpoint Resampling with Application to Aerial Robotics", IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Seattle, Washington, USA, May 26-30, 2015

The toolbox can be used "as is" via its ROS interfaces or be employed as the basis for further developments. We look forward for your comments and feedback!

--
Dr. Kostas Alexis
Autonomous Systems Laboratory